What a dramatic change since this time two months ago. My general overall feelings about life have turned more towards the happier side of things. I've got my best friend as a roommate, more friends here than I ever had up at central, and the kicker: the best boyfriend EVER. Yes, I said boyfriend.
Life since leaving Michigan has been greatly.... improved. Now, I'm not saying I don't miss anything about Michigan, of course I do. Namely Mark, Ben, and Becca. But life here in my homestate has never been better. Is it because of this crazy placebo effect I'm placing on myself? The placebo being it's 2011 and 11 is my lucky number. Oh, maybe. But there's more to that story too.
Aaron, my wonderful loving boyfriend of... well four days, asked me to be his girlfriend on January 22nd, 2011. Frankly, I wasn't surprised when he asked, but I had a really good feeling about the date. Why? Well, mathematically speaking, 22 is double of 11. There's two people in this relationship, and both are lucky to me. Myself being one 11 and Aaron being the other 11. Combine us together and we make 22, our anniversary. Am I crazy? Yes. But it doesn't really bother him.
But there's more stuff than just having a boyfriend. I mean, even before that whole ordeal happened my life was better. I've got a roommate who I absolutely adore, and have known for 5 years now. My little ball of sunshine, Miss Anna Sweeney. I couldn't have fit in so well here without her guidance and expertise. She's introduced me to a whole new world on campus. I'm already more involved here because of her. I'm planning on pledging to the sorority she and all the friends she's introduced to me to belong to, and I'm playing intramural volleyball with all of them as well. (I suck at volleyball, but it's just the fact I've been included that makes me so elated!) You go girl. :)
And to new friends. Girls, mostly, you are a lifesaver. You've welcomed me in with open arms and joyful laughter, and hell, you didn't even get mad when I spilled root beer on your carpet (I really am sorry about that.) It's so much easier to make friends here, since everyone is just so open about saying "Hey, hows your day?" even if they have no idea who you are. I made this realization a long time ago, but it's only been reinforced: I don't think I ever want to leave Wisconsin. It's in my blood, and it's shaped who I am.
So a big Thank You to all of you. You've made my life so good that I feel like I shouldn't brag. But I'm so damn happy I need to. Share the joy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment