Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Little Smile

Play me a song, a melody
That makes me want to sing
Write me a letter, poetry
That makes my memories ring
All I need to hear right now
Is your voice, not in my dreams
I love you, through and through
But baby you don’t it seems….

Cuz lately
I see
Your shadow on the wall
Far from me
Cuz lately
I see
Your voice softly says
I can’t come home right now
But stay a little while
And you’ll see my little smile.


Give me a kiss, a promise
That settles my frantic mind
Make me a book, all your own
And hide it for me to find
All I need to see right now
Is your body next to mine
I love you, always so true
But is your love in decline….

Cuz lately
I see
Your shadow on the wall
Far from me
Cuz lately
I see
Your voice softly says
I can’t come home right now
But stay a little while
And you’ll see my little smile.

On 22 it’s I love you for just you and I
But on these other days I feel a haze
Wrapping ‘round both our eyes
Blinded am I and though I try
I can’t seem to walk straight by
What can I do I’m in love with you
And I’m starting to feel alive….

Cuz lately
I see
Your picture on the wall
Close to me
Cuz lately
I see
Your lips softly say
I’m coming home right now
So wait just a while
And you’ll see my little smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment