Year Without Rain
(THESE ARE NOT THE LYRICS TO THE ABOVE SONG)
My shirt still smells like you
my heart still beats like it did when your lips met mine
under the light
of the lamps glowing bright.
My thoughts are still with you
my skin still tingles where your hands brushed mine.
in a way
that made me melt.
Because when you're around the world seems right
like everything I'm fighting for is important to you
like it's important to me
Because when you're around I feel complete
like the missing puzzle piece has come back to me
after hiding away for so long.
I may have been jaded
I may have been hurt so many times it still hurts to feel
but not with you
you helped me to heal.
You say things to me
I can't understand why me, I ask, why me?
How did I get you
when I've tried to hard before.
Because when you're around the world seems right
like everything I'm fighting for is important to you
like it's important to me
Because when you're around I feel complete
like the missing puzzle piece has come back to me
after hiding away for so long.
So tell me, tell me,
tell me how this could possibly be.
So hold me, hold me,
until I understand your desire for me.
So whisper, whisper
in my ear everything you see
So kiss me, kiss me,
like you did that night with love in your eyes.
Because when you're around the world seems right
like everything I'm fighting for is important to you
like it's important to me
Because when you're around I feel complete
like the missing puzzle piece has come back to me
after hiding away for so long.
so long, so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment