Saturday, August 7, 2010

Im in Love with a Man-Elf from my Dreams.

I wanted to make a song out of this idea that's floating around in my head but it's just not working. My emotions are to befuddled right now...
I had a dream last night that honestly, has changed me forever. I dreamed of this.... man-elf. Throughout my dream i felt my dream-self falling more and more in love with him, and i realize now that this feeling has carried over to my waking self. I know it's ridiculous, falling in love with a fantasy character from one's dreams, but I can't help who I fall for. I think about it constantly and I hope I have the same dream again tonight. I want to see his face again. I don't even know his name. I never gave him one. 
But love makes you weak. All I wanted to do today at work was find a pen and some paper and write love poems to this dream-man. And when I couldn't, I became depressed. I actually felt like crying... Is that sad?
I don't understand why I can't simply fall for a normal guy. It's probably because I'm not a normal girl. I like the strangest things, and I'm hard to figure out, even for me. But I feel like my dream-man understands me. Most likely because he's a figment of my imagination, thus, he's a part of me. But maybe that's what it takes to love me, is to have a part of me. 
I've given my heart to real people before and it's never turned out well. I've never felt this way before about anyone outside of my head. It's like this constant tingly/sparkly/nervous feeling that makes my stomach churn. My arms are weak and my legs are shaky. I actually almost fainted at work today when I thought about my dream again. No REAL guy has ever had this effect on me.
Maybe I'm under a spell. The man in my dreams IS an elf after all. He's got magical powers. From inside the confines of my brain, he's putting me under a love spell. I don't mind, after all, the feeling is... pretty much indescribable. I tried describing it but I think love is different for everyone. Or maybe it's the same and it's just so hard to explain so we don't know how everyone else feels.
And notice I always call my dream-man a MAN and never a boy or a guy. It's because he's more than just an awkward teenager or a pompous stuck-up guy. He's everything and MORE for my description of a man. How do I know this? Well, isn't it obvious? I created him in the likeness of my definition of a true man. And apparently somewhere in that definition, the term "man" isn't confined to just humans anymore.
So what do I mean to say from all this? Exactly what the post title says.

"I'm in love with a Man-Elf from my Dreams."

and frankly, I'm proud of it.




i even found a picture. it doesn't do him justice, but it's as close as i can get.

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. like, you have no idea. your quirks fulfill me :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks bimpe. haah but im actually serious about this... it's not just something i can make up. ahha

    ReplyDelete