Monday, August 2, 2010

Footprints on the Moon

I've been listening to random music, and I saw the title of a song I was listening to was called "Footprints on the Moon" and for some reason, that line just struck a huge chord with me. I don't know what it is, but I loved the idea. so here's a little poetry inspired by that song.

like footprints on the moon,
the impossible has been done.
i've lived a life full and well
and i don't plan to stop now.
where did our innocence go?
why can we not be like the children,
and think of nothing but the sunshine on our faces
and the birds in the trees,
and the grass stains on our knees,
and the flowers in our hair,
and the laughter everywhere.
where did our innocence go?
away with the wind of winter,
and never brought back with the buds in may.
seasons come and seasons go,
but there is one thing i still know.
footprints on the moon can last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment