Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Proud to be a Wisco-American.

So. My life. Ha!
I've basically been just... well not really living, more like just, being, day to day. I haven't made myself someone who stands out in people's memories, nor have I made myself completely invisible. I just feel like I'm one of those people who's just kind of there, but no one really sees. You all know people like that. You recognize their face, but you don't know their name.

I never used to be one of those people. I was one of those kids that people either loved or hated. I can't think of too many people who were just indifferent about me. And honestly, I think there were more people out there who hated me than loved me. But see, I didn't care because I was always surrounded by the ones who loved me. Now, I have neither. Sure, it's great, not having people despise you for no reason. But I don't have that other end of the spectrum either. I'm just kind of.... here. Not doing bad, but not doing good either. I hope that all changes when I get back into an environment where people don't judge me because I'm not from Michigan.

People laugh, or look at me like I'm nuts when I say I'm from Wisconsin. So many other parts of me have died while I'm here, but never that one. I'm PROUD to be a cheesehead, a Packers fan, a "wisconsinite". I mean, just writing this part, I feel this swelling of pure pride and happiness at the fact I can call myself that. People here may make fun of Wisconsin, or not even know where it is, but I don't care. Make fun all you like, but you obviously have never been to Wisconsin. Land of lush fields, cows, and the most beautiful autumn you will ever see in your life. So what if we don't have big name brands based in one of our cities. So what if we don't have movies filmed there, so what if famous people don't come from wisconsin, so what if everyone forgets we're even a state. It's not how people outside of the state remember us, it's how WE remember us.

I lived in Wisconsin up until three months ago. I loved Wisconsin. I loved the evergreens and how they were there no matter where I was. I loved the cows parading around in the fields everywhere we drove. Hell, I even loved the smell (sort of). I loved the way we all got so riled up when I was little about going to the SuperBowl with the infamous Brett Favre on our team. I will admit, I own a cheesehead.


I'm pure Wisconsin, through and through. I know I said Michigan's become a part of me, but honestly, I hope its temporary. Michigan needs to stop spoling my fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment