Monday, August 30, 2010

The Dancer

She takes a bow, tears in her eyes
she says this will not be the last time
I may be done for now, but it's not for good
Keep looking, I'll be dancing again.

The lights sparkle like diamonds off her dress.
It twirls around her as she exits left,
so many thoughts run through her head
but none of them resound like this.

Dance is the story she has told
ever since she was three years old.
Never has she found another way
to express herself so beautifully
She tells a story with her moves,
each time her soul is renewed
So when people ask her, girl who are you?
She tells them she is The Dancer.

The makeup is gone and her hair is down
the costumes have been stowed away.
her dancing shoes are in her bag
as she exits from the dressing room.

Her friends bombard her as she steps out
to the screaming and joyous shouts
people hugging and congratulating
flowers are given in large bouquets.


Dance is the story she has told
ever since she was three years old.
Never has she found another way
to express herself so beautifully
She tells a story with her moves,
each time her soul is renewed
So when people ask her, girl who are you?
She tells them she is The Dancer.

In her room she flows with the wind, seeking peace from within.
Her moves aren't planned she just goes with the flow.
inside her head she's still on the stage.....

Dance is the story I have told
ever since I was three years old
never have I found another way
to express myself so beautifully
I may not be dancing still today
but I know that I will always stay
as the girl who replies like this
I tell them, I am The Dancer.
I am The Dancer.
The Dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment