I want to tell you all a little more about greek life. Right now is recruitment at UW Whitewater for fraternities and sororities. Basically that means we're majorly advertising our sorority and trying to get girls to join! I havent been here yet for a formal recruitment period since I just pledged last semester. But so far, this is turning out to be really fun!
Last night, we just had house tours, which means the girls who are considering going greek are split into their Gamma Chi groups (a sorority girl, who is disaffiliated, leads each one of the groups) and are taken around to the three sorority houses on campus, Alpha Sigma, Sigma Sigma Sigma, and Delta Zeta. Each sorority has the opportunity to show the three groups of about four gamma chi groups their house and get to know the girls. After, the girls talk about who they liked. Eventually this leads to us (the sorority) making a decision on who we want to join our sorority.
Last night we had some of the most amazing and beautiful young women I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I saw girls who I wanted to be my sisters, and not a one that I couldn't see being in the house with us. I loved them all. I can't WAIT until BID DAY!!!! Bid day is when we finally get to reveal who we want for our sorority, and they can either accept or decline our bid. I can't WAIT to see the Fall '11 pledge class!!! :)
p.s. you can't call it rushing.
ReplyDeleteawww shit. i'll change it. lol i always forget that.
ReplyDelete