And I made the realization today that birthdays are so weird. It's you, celebrating the day you came into existence, the first time you took a breath, the first tears you cried. It's celebrating a lot more than just simply you being one year older. It's celebrating you being one year wiser, one more year on the planet. It's not just celebrating aging, it's celebrating your life, and all that you've achieved so far, and all that you will achieve in the years to come.
Birthdays are the one day of the year that you actually really DO feel different about yourself. There's something magical about them. I woke up this morning and was like, wow. It's my birthday. I'm 19. Although being 19 isn't anything TOO special, it's still interesting. And now I'm finally in league with a lot of my other friends who have been 19 since december.
This is my last year to be an actual teenager too. I don't really know what to do about it, or if there really IS anything to do. But I'm just happy today. This day might not seem any different to anyone else, but to me, it's the best day of the year, each and every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment