This is for you.
I love you so much. You know it too. So you should also know that you scare me sometimes. I know you can't help the way you feel, and I get that you're constantly at war with yourself it seems.
But I've seen you smile. For real. And that smile is so beautiful it lights up the entire world. You don't see the good that you possess. You're beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL. I can't stress to you enough how amazingly stunning you are. Sure, you bash on your body quite a bit, but you know what, I've never once thought of you as not being beautiful. You're sparkling all the time, and I don't think you see that everyone in the room is affected by your presence.
I know for a fact that you have problems with yourself, and I know nothing I will say will change how you think of yourself, and how you view yourself in the mirror. But I want to suggest something to you.
Stop looking in that mirror. Use your imagination, let yourself pretend like you look the way you see yourself in your head. You become so much more confident and you don't care if other people might see the zit on your nose or the uneven tone of your skin. It doesn't matter, because if you don't bring attention to those things, they won't notice. They'll just see your confident smile and your calm and cool demeanor. I find myself often forgetting what I look like, or thinking I look way better than I actually do. But when I look in a mirror, I sometimes surprise myself and think, "Wow. I look nothing like I thought I did." But you know what I do? Instead of being disappointed, I just shrug my shoulders and walk away from that mirror and go on pretending that I look the way I thought I did. Because maybe one day when I look in that mirror, I'll look the way I think I do.
You may think, well isn't that stupid? You're just kidding yourself. All you're doing is hurting yourself. You may be right, but with the mindset that I have, that I know you can have, you don't really care. I take care of myself, but I don't go to great lengths to impress anyone but myself. I dress the way I do because I just feel like it. I put on makeup for myself. I've stopped trying to care what others think, and it's helped me feel better about myself.
I want you to know that I, and many many many others, think you are simply beautiful. And now I just want you to be one of those people who sees your beauty for what it really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment