So there's this phone.... the HTC Thunderbolt that I'm totally OBSESSED with. I want it soooo bad so I asked my parents for it for my birthday since my old phone is a piece of shit and is dying more and more every day. My birthday is two weeks away, and I can't WAIT to be 19!!!
But anyways, the Thunderbolt. So when I asked my mom for it, she looked at me all funny and was like what's an HTC? I told her it was a cell phone maker, just like Motorola or Samsung or LG. My mom is a complete blockhead when it comes to technology. It makes no sense to her, which cracks the rest of my family up. She told me she'd look it up on consumerreports.com and see if it was a good phone.
Now, don't get me wrong I'm glad she's looking out for me, trying to avoid getting me another piece of shit like the one I currently have. But she never listens to me, and I've DONE my homework when it comes to this phone. I talked to my friend Ben about it, and he's a whiz when it comes to technology. It's basically his calling in life. He told me it was one of the best phones out on the market right now, and that it's capabilities are far superior to those of any of the other phones out right now. It's up there with the iPhone and the Droid. Possibly even better. And I've looked at other consumer reports on other sites and every single one has given it 4 or 5 stars out of 5 stars. That's pretty damn amazing. So mother, JUST GET ME THE PHONE ALREADY.
But my friend Bimpe brought up a good point too that has nothing to do with the actual technological aspect of the phone, but rather it's name. She asked, what exactly is a "Thunderbolt." Until she asked me that, I'd never questioned it. I now realize that a "Thunderbolt" isn't real. You either have thunder, or a lightningbolt, and I guess HTC just didn't want to name it "Lightningbolt." Too generic and boring, I guess. And "Thunderbolt" does sound awesome, and pretty ominous too.
I just want it sooo badly!!!!! June 11th, come sooner!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment