So yesterday I was walking from my dorm to the music building in between my two choir concerts and I saw something that made me more homesick than I've ever been. It was a little silver Honda Civic, probably a 2000 or 1999 model. It looked almost exactly like my friend Megan's car back home. That was the car that had so many memories. Morning rides to school, afternoon rides home, blasting music so loud we couldn't hear ourselves think, driving to the park, driving home two minutes before midnight trying to make curfew. Every memory I'd had of that car came flooding back when I laid my eyes on it.
I slowed my pace to a melancholy walk and a song began forming in my head. I started singing out loud, not really paying attention to the words or the melody, but rather, I just let myself sing how I felt. It was the most beautiful and heartfelt song I'd ever sung, and I don't remember a word of it.
Funny how a car made me think of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment