Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who wants to hear about my days anymore??

I've been quite a depressing person lately. So after reading my friend's blog about her transition to Missoula, Read It here! I realize I'm being way to dramatic. She's a full 24 hours away from home and I'm only 8, and truthfully, I should be grateful for my situation. I'm a free woman with no rules except the ones I dream up, and I make my own decisions now.
So here. I'm going to list all of the positive things that have happened to me since I've been let loose. I've met three other AMAZING girls who can always crack me up and don't even realize they're doing it. They understand me like crazy and I've been welcomed into their little trio, now quartet, with open arms. I've met a guy down the hall from me who plays electric guitar and is willing to teach me just about anything on guitar. I have a girl in two of my classes, Amelia, who is like my saint sent from heaven. She's in my french and choir classes, and she has a lot of the same values and thoughts as me. She's funny, smart, kind and so much fun to talk to. I've made two extremely valuable guy friends, Mark and Ryan, who are two of the most genuine guys I've ever known since well, all of you guys who called yourselves my friends back home. I've never felt more comfortable with anyone than when I'm in their presence. My classes are teaching me some really valuable things, and not to mention the fact I'm actually enjoying some of them.

I don't normally count my blessings like this, or at all, and I've never realized how much joy I can find in a world where everything seems to be crashing down around my ears. But there's a thick silver lining to this cloud, I just needed to look harder for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment