I don't know what this is from, but I just had a random flash of inspiration.
And as he fell into his drunken sleep, I gazed into his face again for the thousandth time that night. He looked so much more relaxed when he slept, even if it was a dreamless sleep induced by alcohol. His thick dark hair was a mess but it was more charming and cute than sloppy. I couldn't help myself from falling, even if he was completely wrong for me. His words fell like sweet honey from his lips, telling me I was beautiful and that he'd never met anyone as intriguing as me in his entire life. He wanted to stay with me for as long as he lived because I was the sunshine to his rainy day. It's like he knew exactly what I wanted to hear and said it. His smile was always there too, pulling me in even more. I was the earth revolving around the sun, which was him. the gravitational pull emulating from him was too strong for me to break free, not that I wanted to. My friends would tell me that he was so wrong for me. After all, I'd only known him for a day, but he'd already affected me like I'd known him for a lifetime. I was almost drunken myself, even though I'd had no alcohol. I was drunk on his affection, his sweet words, his kisses, his face. When I closed my eyes, I only saw his smile. I always wanted to see his smile. Not just when my eyes were closed, but when I opened them to see his sun every day. When I woke up I wanted to see him gazing into my face lovingly, and I wanted to return that look. His love was my drug, my anti-drug, my drunkenness, and my sobriety. He was everything, and yet nothing. I couldn't bring myself to leave his side. I just sat there on the side of his bed, affectionately stroking his hair attempting to smooth the mess down. I smiled a little small smile, and my heart raced on at the thoughts running through my head. His skin was warm, almost hot to the touch when he laid his face in my lap before passing out.
Normally I never accepted drinking until you were so drunk you couldn't function. But I wanted to make him happy. So I let him do what he wanted, even when I knew it was destroying his body. But yet, when he was drunk, his affections never changed for me. He still acted as though he loved me more than anything in the world, and never tried to take advantage of me. I realized that on the inside, he was so much more than a man. He was a genuine gentleman, no matter what state of mind he was in. I smiled even more at that thought. How could I have been so lucky as to have had him just come crashing into my life like a shooting star falling to earth? What did I do to deserve him? How come he wanted me, plain old me, and not one of the gorgeous, model-looking women that swooned around him everywhere he went. What made him want me?
But somehow, I'd become his world in a matter of a few hours, and he'd become mine. I couldn't grasp that idea that someone wanted me as much, if anything more, than I wanted him. He was everything I could have ever asked for, and more.
*This is a piece of fiction. It's slightly based on real people and events but so loosely that it hardly has any relevance to my real life. Don't take this as something real, it's only in my head. :)*
No comments:
Post a Comment