Saturday, August 21, 2010

I can't think of a creative title. sorry.

I smelled the sweet scent of his breath as he breathed on my neck. Chills ran down my spine and I shivered, not from the cold but more from joy. He was here with me, and I couldn't ask for more. He was slightly taller than me, with messy dark brown hair that seemed to have a mind of it's own. His eyes were a deep chocolate color that could hide anything, or reveal everything. His smile dazzled me, each and every time he smiled. His hands were bigger than mine but gentle when we touched. He was muscular and strong, but he had a softer side that anyone rarely saw. I loved him, and I hoped he loved me. There wasn't a single thing about him that I found wrong. So he drank. So he smoked. He was still fit and healthy and easy to love. Easy to let yourself fall into the deepness of his eyes. Easy to melt into his embrace. Easy to fall, and fall hard for in a short period of time. I had never wanted anyone more.

His hands grazed my bare arms, reaching around to pull me in closer to him. I shivered again, but sank back into his arms, allowing myself to relax and mold myself around his body. My head fit perfectly under his strong chin and he nuzzled my hair when my head fell back into my favorite crevice under his chin. My hands rested on top of his and he proceeded to trace the lines of my hand with one of his fingers. I turned my head slightly to the side and breathed in deep. His scent caressed my nose, causing a tingling sensation. He smelled like wood smoke and cologne. I breathed in once more, trying to burn the memory of his smell into my mind. My heart was racing at the thought of being in his arms and the fact I was wrapped up with him. I felt... safe. Protected. I felt invincible when he held me like he did then. I was in heaven. I was being held in the arms of an angel. No, not one of those dressed-in-all-white-harp-carrying angels, more like a fallen angel. A fallen angel whose face was sweet, but had a rebellious side that caused him to be kicked out of heaven and fall down to earth right in front of me. That's just how it felt like when he came crashing into my life. There was this feeling that hit me like a wave in high tide. I hadn't recognized it then, but I did now. I had fallen for the fallen angel at first flight. He might have been kicked out of heaven, but he had saved me. Saved me from loneliness and solitude. He saved me from never being loved. He saved me from being hurt, maimed, or beaten.

But most of all
he saved my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment