
ZAP!!!!
I saw lightning on my way home from Charlotte, North Carolina. And no, it’s not the first time I’ve seen lightning…. But you see, this was different somehow. There was one single cloud off in the distance that had flashes of lightning in it for as long as my plane flew by.
See, lightning is like me in a way. It’s unpredictable, and it never strikes in the same place twice. It’s dangerous, but strangely fascinating at the same time. I can’t describe why I was so interested in it, but I can tell you one thing, I’ll never understand lightning, just like I don’t think I’ll fully understand myself. I guess I’m okay with that, but the world isn’t. Everyone is always saying, find yourself! Figure out who you are and don’t let anyone tell you who you should be. Well, what if who you are just simply is non-explicable? Untraceable? Unreadable? How are you supposed to “find yourself” then? Exactly. You can’t. And truth be told, I wouldn’t mind having other people take a crack at trying to figure out who I am, just as long as they understand they most likely aren’t right. I’m as complicated as a person should be, but yet, as simple and unpredictably beautiful as lightning.
Tia
No comments:
Post a Comment