Monday, July 12, 2010

A Hero Is Born

Sadly enough, my mind is blank. Like a sheet of paper, or a canvas before an artist or writer decides to play around with the ideas floating around inside their heads.... Except I am not like that. There's too much in my head for me to get all down here in this post. I have Hide and Seek stuck in my head, and I keep thinking about the fact that I have a month left of summer here in Wisconsin before I head off to college. I can't believe it... It seems like only yesterday I was walking into the halls of my high school for the first time, and now I've already tossed my cap into the air and received my diploma. But what for? That's what I really want to know.
What's my purpose here? Why was I created? What am I supposed to do with my life? I have no idea, and it seems that no one else does either. I'm just another teenager, looking to find my place in this world so full of fear, hate, crime and violence, and not near enough love. I wish I could say I knew exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I can't. I don't know what I wish to do with a Bachelor's degree in English. I don't know what I want to do with 13+ years of dance. I don't know what I want to do with the thousands of songs I've written and learned on guitar. I just don't know, and I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's okay that I don't know. That it's fine that I can't decide. I can do what I want to if I set my mind to it.
I'm not trying to sound cheesy or anything. But this is more for me than you, the reader. I just want you to catch a glimpse into the quagmire of thoughts churning and reeling inside this head of mine. Maybe then someone will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment