I'm going to be honest. I miss Central so much.
Up there, I felt as if I truly was in college. I was away from home, on my own, fending for myself with no hope of having mommy and daddy only a short drive away to help me out. Now in Whitewater, I feel like I'm just living out high school again, but without my parents right next door. It's so frustrating.
And thinking about how I would actually be in school right now instead of blogging at this time of night makes me emotional enough that I want to cry. I had dreams once, and now that I'm realizing some of them, I'm realizing Central was a dream I had, and didn't hold on to. Leaving (at the time) made me happier than I've ever been in my life. But now that I had a semester at WW, I'm realizing I want to be back there. Just reliving the feeling of being there would have been enough to last me a lifetime. Just to be back, once more. I miss what I had up there- integrity, drive, support, emotion, life. I miss Ben, I miss Mark, I miss Ryan, I miss Amelia, I miss Dani, I miss Alisha, I miss Melanie, I miss Becca. I miss Cobb, Sweeney, Fresh Foods, RFoC, and the Library.
I was too hasty. I should have lived out the rest of the year there. See how it went. I'm sure I would be a different person than I am today, quite possibly a better one. I wouldn't know the same people I know now, but I'd know different ones. I'd be back in school already, living in the dorms again, excited to see what my classes would be like. I literally HATE myself for leaving. I don't know what to do. I really don't. I'm at a loss for words right now because all I want to do is cry. I fucking LOVED it there and I didn't realize it.
If I could ideally do what I want, I'd be back at Central. No more whitewater. I'd be back at Central in a heartbeat. I want to talk to my parents about going back.
"Mom, Dad. I want to go back to Central. I realize that Whitewater isn't as good of a school for me as Central was, and I don't feel as if I'm doing my best there. My relationships with the people at Central have stayed as strong, if not stronger, than they were when I was there. I regret transferring so early, because I missed out on SO many opportunities. I had a lot going for me up at Central, MUCH more than I have going for me at Whitewater. The distractions at Whitewater caused me to not do my best, and Central was a better fit for me, and I felt as if I was more self-sufficient at Central. My grades were much better up there too. I've been considering going back for a while now, but never really considered it seriously. But now after I've realized that I'm not fulfilling my complete potential at Whitewater like I was at Central, I feel this need to go back. Being far away helped me grow and become more adult-like. But I didn't have as much responsibility at Whitewater. I feel like going to school so close to home has prevented me from making the best choices. I partied too much at Whitewater, and I know I hardly ever went out to party at Central. I held on to my values and beliefs at Central, whereas Whitewater I basically tossed them away. I just want to go back and become the person I was back there. I liked that person. I just wanted you to know how I feel, and why I want to go back."
Fnerr. Well, looking back is a good way to waste time and energy.
ReplyDeleteI mean, I know WW is small and feels like high school, but you can be independent and responsible there too. And also, if it feels too much like high school, it could be because of the people you are with.
But what I mean is that you should plan for the future! If you're really unhappy with WW, then leave! Haha, it's not as if anyone is forcing you :] And don't beat yourself up about the decision. We're young, and this won't be your last mistake, but it definitely hasn't ruined your life.
but see that's the thing Bimpe. I AM unhappy at WW I think. Or at least not as happy as I believe being back at Central would make me. I've been considering the idea of going back for months now, and I haven't really talked about it with anyone but Ben because I knew everyone would say I'm making a mistake or that I'm acting rashly. But I'm not. I acted rashly when I left. That was stupid of me, and I realize that now. What I'm doing is trying to fix my mistakes.
ReplyDeleteit's a good thing! now just tell the parents. They'll understand :]
ReplyDelete