Let me first start off by explaining the family dynamics of a "greek family." First off, when a student joins a fraternity or sorority, they get a Big Brother/Sister, who acts as their mentor, guide and best friend all throughout the pledging process as well as the rest of the years they are involved in the organization. Oftentimes these friendships last for the rest of their lives, because the bond between a big and lil is like the bond between a parent and child. It's so unique and special, and VERY strong.
My big sister means the world to me. She's such a bright and beautiful and kind and gentle soul, but she's taken a long time to get to where she is now. She's had a hard life, and the Jade I got to know and picked to be my big sister is the real Jade, but I've learned it's taken her a long time to get to that point. She's such a sweetie, and a kind and loving person. But she can be motherly, strict and tough when she needs to be. She can stand up for herself, even though she's shorter than my 5'3".
But Jade had a boyfriend. A boyfriend of three years who she wrapped herself around so tightly that her whole life would unravel if he were to break up with her. And that's just what he did.
So now I'm sitting here, watching her life slowly unravel because the glue holding her life together that he was is melting away. I'm trying to keep her from completely going under, and so is everyone else here in Whitewater. We're trying to keep her staying positive, but I don't think she realizes just how much we all love her, and just how amazing of a person she is without him.
Jade is:
1. a wonderful listener, and always willing to lend an ear.
2. an amazing friend.
3. absolutely hilarious.
4. incredibly intelligent.
5. devoted, with unwavering loyalty.
6. determined, and driven.
7. beautiful, inside and out.
8. compassionate.
9. a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.
10. a perfect big sister.
11. creative
12. brave
13. not afraid to stand up for herself, or others.
Jade doesn't think these things of herself, although I know myself and many others think all these and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment