Friday, September 10, 2010

Skype//My best friend

Skype. What a wonderful invention. :) It allows you to see people who are far, far away from you. I can see my best friend's face smiling at me over a thirteen inch screen. I can't see her hair over the phone, and trust me, if you knew/know her, you'd understand why I say that. Its like there's a flame sitting constantly on top of her head.
My best friend is adorable. And skype allows me to see all the changes that she undergoes whilst I am not there to witness it with my own two eyes. Next semester, I hope to be living in a small, cramped dorm room with her. It would be a blast.
I'm not kidding when I say this girl is my life. She's hilarious, and so sweet. There's nothing she can't do when she puts her mind to it. Shes been through so much, yet she remains so strong. But some aspects of her life scare me. She has Chrons Disease.
Two years ago she was hospitalized for a couple weeks and pulled out of school for nearly 5 months after she began having pains in her gut. At first, the doctors thought it was her appendix, but further scans showed it was an inflammation of her intestinal tract. Chrons is a hereditary disease and can be dormant for someone's entire life unless an incredibly stressful event occurs to start the process of the infection.
Our freshmen year, right around christmas, she received a summons to the office during lunch. 15 minutes later she came back, crying. She told us her dad had just passed away from a heart attack. He was 35, young and healthy. No one knew what caused it and it tore her apart. Her parents had been divorced for a long time, and she'd always enjoyed being with her dad so much more than her mom's. She was more like her dad, and she loved him so much.

But now, she's in a wonderful place. She's strong, healthy, and happy. Her boyfriend of nearly two years has helped out with that as well as having wonderful friends and most importantly, FREEDOM. I love her to death, and she'll always be my best friend, through thick and thin.
I love you ANNA!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. yay :) we are soo living together next year and possibly next semester!

    ReplyDelete